Leaf not growing normally? To track the causes and alleviate the symptoms you will need to be more specific. Check the plant again looking under the leaf and note the symptoms.
- If the leaf is discoloured check for nutrient deficiencies
- If the leaf has spots or a powdery covering check for diseases
- It the leaf has brown scorched edges check for frost damage
- If the leaf is on a houseplant it may not like the position it is growing in or the treatment you are giving it
- If the leaf is at the bottom of the plant it may well just be old age and the plant leaf is dying naturally
Treatment and control
General tips: Run through a few things in your head to see if the cause is logical. Check the plant for over watering or under watering, under feeding or over feeding, application of weedkiller close by, other plants showing similar symptoms, and ericaceous plants growing in lime soil. Above all, don’t depair! Some plants are short lived and die as soon as they have flowered or just give up the ghost for no good reason.