Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Butternut Squash Seed Pod™
The Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Butternut Squash Seed Pod™ is biodegradable, which means unlike with peat pots, the roots can grow freely through and get established in the surrounding soil. The outer shell also helps protect the seed by retaining moisture and contains a 6 month controlled release feed that provides the nutrients needed to help establish strong roots and provide strength to germinate.
How to Plant Gro-ables®
Do not plant outside until risk of frost has passed. For an earlier harvest, start growing indoors 4-6 weeks before transplanting.
- Remove the lid completely
- Choose a sunny spot
- Simply push the seed pod into loosened soil or compost (growing bag or large pot filled with Miracle-Gro Enriched Compost) until the pod is level with the soil surface. DO NOT cover, the seeds are at just the right depth to grow.
- Space seed pods 60cm apart
- Water daily if more than one seed germinates remove all but one when they reach 5cm tall
- Feed every 7-14 days with Miracle-Gro® Gro Your Own Vegetable & Fruit Concentrated Liquid Plant Food when fruits are visible
When to Plant & Harvest Salad Butternut Squash Gro-ables®
Sow Indoors - April/May
Plant/Sow - Outdoors - May
Harvest - September/October
What to Expect When Growing Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash Gro-ables® germinate in 150 days.
How to Get a Better Crop of Butternut Squash
Keep the soil constantly moist by watering the soil around the plants - not over them - whenever needed. Once the first fruit starts to swell, feed every 10-14 days with a high potash liquid feed.
Cut winter squashes in the autumn just before the first frosts and ripen on a sunny windowsill. The skin will thicken and turn colour.
Store marrows and winter squash in a cool, frost-free room, shed or garage. If correctly ripened, winter squashes should store until Christmas or the New Year.
Fruit Rotting - The fruit may need supporting off the soil on a piece of wood or a tile to keep them clean, prevent them rotting and help them ripen properly.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Net contents: 1 Seed Pod.
Contains fertiliser, growing media and a minimum of 2 seeds.
Seed treated with antifungal agent.
Fertiliser Declaration: NPK 2.0-0.5-1.0.
Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied at the end of the growing season, send us your proof of purchase and we will send you a reimbursement.