Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Basil Seed Pod™
The Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Basil Seed Pod™ is biodegradable, which means unlike with peat pots, the roots can grow freely through and get established in the surrounding soil. The outer shell also helps protect the seed by retaining moisture and contains a 6 month controlled release feed that provides the nutrients needed to help establish strong roots and provide strength to germinate.
How to Plant Gro-ables®
Do not plant outside until risk of frost has passed. For an earlier harvest, start growing indoors 4-6 weeks before transplanting.
- Remove the lid completely
- Choose a sunny spot
- Simply push the seed pod into loosened soil or compost (growing bag or large pot filled with Miracle-Gro Enriched Compost) until the pod is level with the soil surface. DO NOT cover, the seeds are at just the right depth to grow.
- Space seed pods 60cm apart
- Water daily if more than one seed germinates remove all but one when they reach 5cm tall
- Feed every 7-14 days with Miracle-Gro® Gro Your Own Vegetable & Fruit Concentrated Liquid Plant Food when fruits are visible
When to Plant & Harvest Basil Gro-ables®
Sow Indoors - February/March
Sow Outdoors - April/June
Harvest - July/October
What to Expect When Growing Basil
Basil Gro-ables® germinate in 10 days.
Typically, you can begin harvesting after 50 days of growth.
How to Get a Better Crop of Basil
Basil is usually best grown in a pot - either in a warm, sunny position on the patio or on a windowsill that doesn't get too hot in summer.
Pinch out the tips of young plants to make them bushier and help prevent flowering; plants start to lose their flavour once flowering begins.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Net contents: 1 Seed Pod.
Contains fertiliser, growing media and a minimum of 2 seeds.
Seed treated with antifungal agent.
Fertiliser Declaration: NPK 2.0-0.5-1.0.
Miracle-Gro® Gro-ables® Satisfaction Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied at the end of the growing season, send us your proof of purchase and we will send you a reimbursement.