We value your privacy and care about the way in which your personal data is treated. We want you to understand:
- what personal data we collect about you
- how we obtain your personal data
- how we use your personal data
- on what basis we use your personal data
- how long we keep your personal data
- who we share your personal data with
- which countries we transfer your personal data to
- how we protect your personal data
- Your rights regarding your personal data
If you have any questions or want to understand more about the data we hold please contact us on [email protected]
What personal data do we collect about you?
The personal data that we process includes:
- Your basic information - first and last name (including name prefix or title), nickname, company name
- Contact information – home address, company address, email address, phone number(s), location
- Financial information – who you bank with, account number, sort-code and signature (this information will only be collected in the event that a product refund needs to be made)
- Emergency medical information – in the event of a medical emergency we will request the following information: name of caller, telephone number, person who is affected, sex, nature of symptoms, treatment/medication already received, Product used.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you use our Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd Sites. Otherwise, we gather information about you when you provide it to us, or interact with us directly via phone, email or letter; e.g. when you get in touch for consumer/customer support or to provide feedback, when you engage with one of our representatives or when you register on our website.
We receive information about you from other sources, such as retail directories, and publicly available sources. We combine information that we have about you from various sources, including the information that you have provided to us.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- responding and dealing with your query or request, including medical emergency request
On what basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data on the following basis:
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including the use of the medical line
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings
- For legitimate business purposes. Using your personal data helps us to operate and improve our business
How long will we keep your personal data?
For data captured through consumer services, we will only keep your personal data for:
- Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd will retain data for a period of three years.
- If any financial claim has been made against Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd then the data will be retained for a period of five years from when the claim has been processed
With whom do we share your personal data?
We share certain aspects of your personal data with:
Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd is a leading International garden goods company with products sold across Europe and Australia. As an international business Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd may share your personal information with other Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd group companies in order to best deal with reason of contact. We may share your personal information with:
- third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information (medical emergency line)
If we do share your personal information with another Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd group company or with trusted third parties, we shall use our best efforts to ensure that they keep your information secure, take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and only use it in a manner consistent with our instructions, this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
See the “Protecting your personal data” section for information on how we keep your personal data safe when sharing it with others.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be processed by Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd its affiliated companies and Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd selected third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
These countries include:
- European Union countries
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements or implementing standard data protection clauses. You can find more information about data transfer agreements here.
Protecting your personal data
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
You may be entitled to:
- ask Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd about the processing of your personal data, including to be provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, or object to that processing;
- request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal data that you have provided to Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd.; and
- Complain to your local supervisory authority, or to a court of law, if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
Objecting to our use of your personal data
If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘how do we use your personal data?’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us.
If you would like to exercise your rights with regards to your personal data, please let us know by getting in touch on [email protected]
Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd. 1 Archipelago, Lyon Way, Frimley, Surrey GU16 7ER is the controller of your personal data.