I bought some giant flowering annual trailing fuchsias last summer, and have simply left them in their pots over winter behind the garage (had nowhere else to put them). I am surprised to find that they are all shooting.
1. Leave them in the same compost and simply feed them with Chempak no 3, leading to Chempak no 4 when the buds arrive? or
2. Top dress the compost with some John Innes no 3, or multipurpose garden centre compost, (if so how deep do I add the new compost), adding perhaps some Osmocote continuous release? or
3. Completely re-pot in new compost with Osmocote. If so, can I use the multipurpose compost that I have in large quantities, or do I need to use the more expensive John Innes no 3? or
4. A mixture of the above? or
5. Something different entirely?
Thanks for your help once again.
Bertie and George (rabbits)