Levington Multi Purpose Compost with added John Innes contains:
- Nitrogen (N) for greener leaves and healthy shoots.
- Phosphate (P) for strong root development.
- Potassium (K) for fruit and flowers.
- Trace Elements essential for all round plant health and disease resistance.
- Water Retaining Agent - Levington has a patented wetting agent that enables the compost to soak up and retain higher levels of water without getting water logged.
- Graded texture with added John Innes - contains a unique combination of peat, sterilised loam and horticultural grit.
HOW TO USE
Beds and Borders:
- Water plant thoroughly. Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball.
- Part fill the hole with a mixture of 50% soil and 50% Levington Multi Purpose Compost with added John Innes.
- Ensure the plant is at the same level as in the pot. Fill in firmly, then water.
- Fill the seed tray with Levington Multi Purpose Compost with added John Innes and level off. Firm lightly and water.
- Sow seeds following pack instructions. Cover the seed tray or container to retain water, making sure the tray is out of direct sunlight.
- When the seedlings are ready to be transplanted, make sure they are picked up by the leaves, not by the stem or roots.
- For sowing seeds we also recommend Levington Seed & Cutting Compost.
- Fill the pot with the compost, take the cutting (in the appropriate way according to the plant), water, cover and keep warm.
- For cuttings we also recommend Levington Seed & Cutting Compost.
- Place the hanging basket on a flowerpot to keep it steady. Line the basket if necessary and part fill it with compost.
- Insert plants through the sides of the basket where possible to ensure a ball of colour. Fill the basket with compost and arrange plants on top with trailing ones around the sides.
- After everything is planted lightly firm and water thoroughly.
- Ensure that the container has sufficient drainage holes and then fill will compost. Add your chosen flowers and firm lightly, then water thoroughly.
Levington® Multi Purpose with added John Innes® compost provides all of the necessary food for up to 6 weeks. After that time, water with Levington® Tomorite® Liquid Plant Food. Used by many professional and traditional gardeners for healthy plant establishment and growth.
WHERE TO USE
Beds and borders, when sowing seeds, cuttings, hanging baskets, pots and containers.
Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust. Always wear gloves when gardening and then wash your hands after use.