Privacy and cookies
Evergreen Garden Care Australia takes your privacy seriously and values its relationship with you. Our privacy and cookies statement will help you understand the types of personal data we gather from visitors to our sites and how this data is treated.
We want you to understand:
- what personal data we collect about you;
- how we obtain your personal data;
- how we use your personal data;
- on what basis we use your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- which countries we transfer your personal data to;
- how we protect your personal data; and
- your rights regarding your personal data.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website, or by following the below information:
Write to us:
Evergreen Garden Care Australia Level 2, Bld E, 24-32 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista, NSW 2153 Australia.
What personal data do we collect about you?
The personal data that we process may include:
- Your basic information - first and last name (including name prefix or title), nickname, company name.
- Contact information – home address, company address, email address, phone number(s), location.
- Professional details – your position/role, company you work for.
- Other information – user generated content, posts and other content you submit to Evergreen Garden Care Australia sites.
- Product Rating & Review details – review headline, star rating, review, nickname, email address and location.
- Newsletter subscription data - we (and third-party services providers acting on our behalf) use these data to facilitate the sending of emails.
- Online advertising - we may share Site Usage Information with trusted third-parties (e.g. advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) in order to offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit Evergreen Garden Care Australia Sites or Third-Party Sites.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you use Evergreen Garden Care Australia Sites and when you register on our website to:
- enter a competition,
- join a workshop,
- make a query or request,
- hear from us, or
- when you subscribe to our email newsletter.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- responding and dealing with your query or request.
- for future marketing (if you separately provide your consent to this).
- analysing consumer trends and insights.
- Publishing ratings and reviews on our website and retailer websites.
- Optimising our website browsing experience.
- Research (e.g., online surveys) in which we would invite you to participate in online surveys relating to our products, brand communications and broader gardening activities.
How long will we keep your personal data?
For marketing purposes Evergreen Garden Care Australia will retain data for a period of three years from the point in which you register for such communications or your last interaction with the website.
For business prospect purposes
With whom do we share your personal data?
Evergreen Garden Care Australia is a leading International garden goods company with products sold across Australia, UK and Europe. As an international business Australia may share your personal information with other Evergreen Garden Group Companies and trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf. We may share your personal information with:
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions.
- third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered.
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information.
- third-party services providers, such as web analytics tool providers, such as Google Analytics which provide a high reliable level of data, or Mail Chimp for email services.
If we do share your personal information with another Evergreen Garden Group Company or with trusted third parties, we shall use our best efforts to ensure that they keep your information secure, take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and only use it in a manner consistent with our instructions, this Privacy Notice and applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
See the “Protecting your personal data” section for information on how we keep your personal data safe when sharing it with others.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be processed by Evergreen Garden Care Australia, its affiliated companies and Evergreen Garden Care Australia selected third-party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
These countries include:
- Australia and New Zealand.
- European Union Countries.
- United States of America.
- United Kingdom.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Protecting your personal data
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by clicking the Contact Us link on Evergreen Garden Care Australia Site that directed you to this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to tell us that you:
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us.
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you.
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records.
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.