HOW TO USE
- Fill a clean seed tray with Seed Raising & Cutting Mix, level off with your hand, firm lightly and water with a fine, gentle spray
- Sow seeds thinly and evenly as per seed packet instructions. Cover the seeds if required with their own depth of mix, pressing lightly to ensure they remain in the mix and will not be washed off
- Place the tray in a warm location away from direct sunlight. Keep consistently moist to the touch by periodic misting
- After seedlings have formed their second set of new leaves, transplant the new plants into larger pots or outdoor containers using Scotts Osmocote® Professional Premium Plus Potting Mix
1. Take a cutting in the appropriate way according to the type of plant.
2. Fill a container with Osmocote® Professional Seed Raising & Cutting Mix to within 2–3cm from the top of the container.
3. Place the cutting in a hole in the mix and firm lightly.
4. Water the mix and keep container in a warm place away from direct sunlight. Cover with plastic to create a humid environment.
5. Keep mix constantly moist to touch by periodic misting.
WHEN TO USE
- Whenever seedlings or cuttings are to be grown
FOR BETTER RESULTS
Great soil is essential for producing spectacular plants. Osmocote® Professional Seed Raising & Cutting Mix helps create an ideal growing environment to get seedlings off to a great start.
- Grow seedlings in the correct position – seedlings require some shade when very young, but need more sunlight as they grow.
- Keep seedlings damp but not wet. Morning, rather than evening watering is recommended.
- Keep seedlings in good light.
- Ensure adequate air circulation to reduce fungal diseases, such as mildew and damping off.
- Thin out crowded germinated seedlings to prevent shading and becoming leggy as they compete for light .
- After the first two leaves have emerged, begin fertilising with a liquid plant food and health tonic.
CAUTION: This product may cause staining of hard surfaces if wet. Avoid contact with hard surfaces and if contact does occur, sweep off immediately
When using potting mixes, we recommend the use of garden gloves to protect your hands, if dusty wear a mask
SAFETY FIRST: Read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label
See the Safety Data Sheet for this product
Scotts Osmocote® Controlled Release Fertiliser in this potting mix provides plant nutrition and trace elements for up to 3 months
This product contains gypsum and added phosphorus to assist with the production of healthy seedlings and strong root growth