Privacy and cookies
Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand takes your privacy seriously and values its relationship with you. Our privacy and cookies statement will help you understand the types of personal data we gather from visitors to our sites and how this data is treated.
We want you to understand:
- what personal data we collect about you;
- how we obtain your personal data;
- how we use your personal data;
- on what basis we use your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- which countries we transfer your personal data to;
- how we protect your personal data; and
- your rights regarding your personal data.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website, or by following the below information:
Write to us:
Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand, 53 Truman Lane, Mount Maunganui, 3175
Or email us below:
What personal data do we collect about you?
The personal data that we process may include:
- Your basic information - first and last name (including name prefix or title), nickname, company name.
- Contact information – home address, company address, email address, phone number(s), location.
- Professional details – your position/role, company you work for.
- Other information – user generated content, posts and other content you submit to Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand sites.
- Product Rating & Review details – review headline, star rating, review, nickname, email address and location.
- Newsletter subscription data - we (and third-party services providers acting on our behalf) use these data to facilitate the sending of emails.
- Online advertising - we may share Site Usage Information with trusted third-parties (e.g. advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) in order to offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand Sites or Third-Party Sites.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We collect your personal data when you use Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand Sites and when you register on our website to:
- enter a competition,
- join a workshop,
- make a query or request,
- hear from us, or
- when you subscribe to our email newsletter.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- responding and dealing with your query or request.
- for future marketing (if you separately provide your consent to this).
- analysing consumer trends and insights.
- Publishing ratings and reviews on our website and retailer websites.
- Optimising our website browsing experience.
How long will we keep your personal data?
For marketing purposes Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand will retain data for a period of three years from the point in which you register for such communications or your last interaction with the website.
For business prospect purposes Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand will retain data for a period of three years from the point in which you stop communications with our employees.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand is a leading International garden goods company with products sold across New Zealand, Australia, UK and Europe. As an international business we may share your personal information with other Evergreen Garden Group Companies and trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf. We may share your personal information with:
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions.
- third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered.
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information.
- third-party services providers, such as web analytics tool providers, such as Google Analytics which provide a high reliable level of data, or Mail Chimp for email services.
If we do share your personal information with another Evergreen Garden Group Company or with trusted third parties, we shall use our best efforts to ensure that they keep your information secure, take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and only use it in a manner consistent with our instructions, this Privacy Notice and applicable privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
See the “Protecting your personal data” section for information on how we keep your personal data safe when sharing it with others.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Your personal data may be processed by Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand, its affiliated companies and Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand selected third-party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
These countries include:
- Australia and New Zealand.
- European Union Countries.
- United States of America.
- United Kingdom.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
Protecting your personal data
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we process your personal data, you can contact us here on the Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand Website.
You have the following rights:
- Right to be informed
- You have the right to clear and transparent information about how we use your personal data and on your rights.
- Right to request access and rectification
- You have the right to access the personal data we have about you (subject to certain restrictions and abusive requests) and the right to require that your personal data be corrected if they are inaccurate or outdated and/or completed if they are incomplete.
- Right to request erasure / Right to be forgotten. In some cases, you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted.
- Right to object (to commercial prospection, including profiling)
- You can unsubscribe or object to receiving our marketing messages at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link.
- Right to limit the treatment
- You have the right to request a limitation of the processing we perform on your data. This right means that the processing of data about you that we process is limited, so that we may retain the data but not use or process them.
In order to allow us to respond to your request, please give us your last name, first name and contact information.
Opposition to the use of your personal data by us
If you object to the processing of your personal data, or if you change your mind after giving us your consent for this processing, we will respect your choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or the cancellation of any previously given agreement) may prevent us from taking the necessary actions to achieve the above objectives (see “How do we use your personal data?”), or may prevent you from using the services and products we offer.
Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand Ltd, 53 Truman Lane, Mount Maunganui – is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Cookie disclosure, notice and consent
Evergreen Garden Care New Zealand uses a number of tools to collect information about you, your browsing device (desktop computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet), and the web browser that you use to connect to our websites.
For more information about cookies, see below. For more general information about cookies, click here: www.allaboutcookies.org or browse the website of National Data Protection Officer.
Cookie disclosure notice and chart
We adopt the definition of cookies as defined by the European Directive 2002/58/EC concerning the processing of personal data and the protection of privacy in the electric communications sector (as amended by directive 2009/136/EC) and provide information about the different categories of cookies below, as well as information about the types of cookies that we deploy on our web sites.
You can change your cookie preferences by clicking HERE.
Category 1: necessary cookies
Category 1 cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features and view its contents.
Category 2: Preferences cookies
Category 2 cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features. For instance, our website may be able to provide you with local or regional product information by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and these cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You will need to provide consent before we place these cookies.
Category 3: statistics cookies
Category 3 cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
It is only used to improve how the website works. Category 3 cookies only collect information about website usage for the benefit of the website operator.
You will need to provide consent before we place these cookies.
Category 4: marketing cookies (targeting, advertising)
Category 4 cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, based on an analysis of your browsing. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help us measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
They are usually placed on your device by third-party advertising networks, but with our permission. These cookies remember that you have visited our website. This information is shared with other organisations such as other third-party advertisers, and will be linked to website functionality provided by other organisations. To be clear, Category 4 cookies collect the most information about users. You will need to provide consent before we set these cookies.
Cookies on our website
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make the user experience more efficient. The law states that we can only store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third-party services that appear on our pages.
You can change or withdraw your consent at any time from the Cookie Statement on our website.
Your consent applies to the following areas: www.lovethegarden.com