HOW TO USE
- Use Osmocote® Professional Premium Potting Mix straight from the bag. For best results, do not mix with any other material. Close the bag tightly after use.
- Water the plants thoroughly before repotting and leave to drain.
- Select a clean container with large drainage holes and partly fill the pot with Osmocote® Professional Premium Potting Mix.
- Turn the plant out of its existing container. Gently loosen the mix from around the root ball and remove any damaged or dead roots.
- Place the plant in the centre of the new pot. Fill in with Osmocote® Professional Premium Potting Mix to within 2–3cm from the top of the container and press lightly.
- Tap the new container gently to allow the mixture to settle. Do not pack down.
- Water thoroughly and add more potting mix if settling occurs after watering. Allow the excess water to drain away and place in the shade for 2–3 days to allow the plant to establish.
- The soluble nitrogen content in this mix is higher and more readily available to the plant than that of regular mixes. This potting mix contains a balanced fertiliser, but additional fertiliser may be required, depending on plant needs.
For a complete guide on How to Use Scotts Osmocote® Professional Premium Mix always check the packaging
WHEN TO USE
- Potting mixes can be used at any time of the year
- Repotting established pot plants is best done either in Spring or Autumn - avoid Winter or Summer as the extremes of temperature may stress plants
- Flowering plants should be repotted after they have flowered - enjoy the blooms first!
CAUTION: This product may cause staining of hard surfaces if wet. Avoid contact with hard surfaces and if contact does occur, sweep off immediately
When using potting mixes, we recommend the use of garden gloves to protect your hands, if dusty wear a mask.
SAFETY FIRST: Read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label
See the Safety Data Sheet for this product
Contains a higher level of soluble nitrogen than most other regular potting mixes
Includes Scotts Osmocote® controlled release fertiliser 4 month formulation