HOW TO USE
Debco Bonsai Potting Mix is ready to use straight from the bag with no further additives required. Close the bag tightly after use
- Carefully remove your tree from the container and remove the old soil from the roots. If the roots have grown into a solid mass, carefully tease them out and prune them using pruning shears. If necessary trim up to 30% of the roots, making sure the remaining roots will fit into the shape of the new container or pot. Pruning the roots will help stimulate new growth and allow room for the fresh potting mixture.
- If you require your plant to grow bigger, select a larger container and fill it with potting mix. Cover drainage holes with insect screening material cut into squares slightly larger than the drainage holes.
- Place the pruned tree into the container and arrange. Once happy with the position of the plant fill with fresh potting mix, carefully making sure the mix fills around all of the roots. Fill to the desired level, allowing a shallow area for irrigation.
ONGOING PLANT CARE
- Debco Bonsai Mix contains a balanced fertiliser but additional fertiliser may be required in time, depending on plant needs.
- Plants should be watered immediately after potting and fertilise 3-4 weeks after potting.
Fertilising is best carried out in spring and autumn.
We recommend you always wear gloves when
gardening. Wear a particulate mask if dusty.
This product contains micro-organisms
Avoid breathing dust or mists
Wear a particulate mask it dusty
We recommend you always wear gloves when gardening and keep the product moist when handling
Wash hands immediately after use
Read the detailed warning label on the bag
A range of macro & micro-elements are required for sustained plant growth in mixes
Through the correct balance of air and water, specifically selected controlled-release fertiliser and other essential plant nutrients your plants will flourish in this potting mix