HOW TO USE
- Use Fruit & Citrus Potting & Planting Mix straight from the bag - don't mix it with other materials. Close the bag tightly after use
- Water plants that are to be repotted and allow them to drain
- Select a container with large drainage holes and partly fill the pot with Osmocote® Professional Fruit & Citrus Potting & Planting Mix. Turn the plant out of the existing container. Loosen the root ball. Position the plant in the centre of the new container, and fill with Osmocote® Professional Fruit & Citrus Potting & Planting Mix to 2cm from the top of the container. Tap the new container gently to allow the mix to settle, do not pack down.
- For in-ground planting, dig a dish-shaped planting hole approximately one and a half times the size of the root ball of the plant and two times as wide. Turn the plant out of the existing container. Loosen the root ball. Place some Osmocote® Professional Fruit & Citrus Potting & Planting Mix in the bottom of the hole, then position the plant in the centre of the hole and fill with Osmocote® Professional Fruit & Citrus Potting & Planting Mix. Ensure that the top of the soil where the plant was in the container is on the same level as the ground.
- Initial watering of the plant after planting is essential. Allow the excess water to drain away.
FOR BETTER RESULTS
Fruit and citrus plants are hungry feeders, producing foliage, fruit and flowers all year round, and so require year round feeding. Begin a feeding program using Osmocote® Fruit, Trees & Citrus plant food following package instructions 6 months after planting.
WHEN TO USE
- Evergreen fruit trees and citrus are best repotted or planted out in Spring or Autumn when there is little danger of frosts occurring
- Deciduous / bare-root trees should be planted in Winter, while they are devoid of leaves and dormant
CAUTION: This product may cause staining of hard surfaces if wet. Avoid contact with hard surfaces and if contact does occur, sweep off immediately
When using potting mixes, we recommend the use of garden gloves to protect your hands
SAFETY FIRST: Read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label
See the Safety Data Sheet for this product
Scotts Osmocote® Controlled Release Fertiliser provides plant nutrition and trace elements for up to 6 months