HOW TO USE
Improving flower and vegetable gardens:
- Add Osmocote® Garden Soil to your garden area.
- Thoroughly work it into the top 10 to 15cm of soil.
- Level the garden with a rake.
- Plant seeds or live plants, following specific package or plant tag instructions.
- Water thoroughly after planting and as frequently as possible until plants are well established.
- For best results, wait 6 months, then feed regularly with Osmocote® controlled release plant food, following package instructions.
Creating raised garden beds:
- Follow the directions above.
- Add an additional 10cm layer of Osmocote® Garden Soil to the bed and mix it into the previously amended soil. This should create a 15 to 20cm raised bed.
WHEN TO USE
- Garden Soil can be added to gardens at any time of the year, either incorporated into planting soil or as a topdress.
- Water thoroughly. It is better to thoroughly soak the garden weekly, than to provide light daily irrigation. Very fast growing plants like tomatoes, petunias, etc., may require more frequent watering.
- Do not let plants wilt . This will increase plant stress and diseases that will decrease plant performance.
SAFETY FIRST: Read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label
When using soils and potting mixes, we recommend the use of garden gloves to protect your hands. If dusty, wear a face mask.
Suitable for use on and around native plants and other phosphorus-sensitive plants - the included Scotts Osmocote® has less than 2% phosphorus
Contains gypsum, which turns clay into workable soil without altering the pH (acidity or alkalinity reading)