HOW TO USE
- Use Premium Potting Mix straight from the bag - no further additives required
- Water the plants that are to be repotted and allow them to drain
- Select a clean pot with large drainage holes and partly fill it with new potting mix
- Carefully knock the plant from its existing pot and loosen the root ball. Trim off any dead or damaged roots
- Place the plant in the centre of the pot if growing individually, or arrange as preferred for multiple plantings, and fill the pot with potting mix
- Gently tap the new pot down to help the new potting mix settle in and around the roots. Do not pack the potting mix down
- Thoroughly water the plantand allow it to drain freely. If necessary, top the potting mix up again to the suggested level of 2-3cm below the rim
- Place the pot in a sheltered spot for 5 days to allow the plant to settle and acclimatise before moving it to a permanent home
For a complete guide on How to Use Scotts Osmocote® Premium Potting Mix,watch our video and always check the packaging
WHEN TO USE
This potting mix can be used any time of year and has been formulated to provide excellent growth conditions for all plant types including ferns, flowering and foliage plants, trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials.
ONGOING PLANT CARE
- Premium Potting Mix contains a balanced fertiliser up to 6 months - additional fertiliser may be required in time, depending on plant needs
- Avoid allowing plants to dry out - plants should be watered immediately after potting and frequently enough to keep the potting mix moist (not wet)
- Plants should be repotted with new potting mix when they have outgrown the pot or after 12-18 months
CAUTION: This product may cause staining of hard surfaces if wet. Avoid contact with hard surfaces and if contact does occur, sweep off immediately
When using potting mixes, we recommend the use of garden gloves to protect your hands, and if dusty, wear a particulate mask
SAFETY FIRST:Read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label.
See the Safety Data Sheet for this product
Contains a higher level of soluble nitrogen than most other regular potting mixes.
Includes Scotts Osmocote® controlled release fertiliser 6 month formulation.