Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement - Evergreen Garden Care (UK) Ltd
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the “Act”) and constitutes Evergreen Garden Care UK Limited’s (“Evergreen”) slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 30 September 2021.
We are part of the Evergreen Garden (the “Group”) and our ultimate parent company is Evergreen Garden Limited, which is located in England. The Group has circa 1,000 associates worldwide.
The Group is a leading manufacturer and marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products. Our products are marketed under some of the most recognized brand names in the industry. In the United Kingdom, key brands include Miracle-Gro®, Roundup® Weedkillers, Weedol® EverGreen® lawn fertilizers; and Levington® gardening products.
Our position on Slavery and Human Trafficking
- We are committed to making sure that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our Supply Chains or in any part of our business. All Associates are asked to comply with all of our policies and procedures related to conduct, ethics and business transactions including our Code of Ethics and Compliance.
- This policy interlinks and clearly defines expected behaviours of all of our Associates; we will not tolerate or condone any form of breach of Human Rights.
- To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we will continue to share and up-date our policy as required. All Associates are asked to ensure they are fully aware of their individual and our collective obligations to ensure zero tolerance.
Our Supply Chain
Our supply chain has National, International and Global focus. Our Procurement team in the UK team is shared across these geographies.
International Trade Compliance
- We strive to follow all laws and regulations whenever we import products or materials into any country, and when exporting our products to customers in other countries. Our practice is not to do business with sanctioned persons, entities or countries, unless such dealings have been agreed by the Legal Department
- We help ensure that our partners, suppliers, consultants and others who do business with us don’t engage in corrupt practices on our behalf We have appropriate compliance focus, which consists of involvement from management in the following departments: Supply Chain, Sales, Legal; Human Resources; and Procurement. This team will work together to ensure that Evergreen UK and the Group complies with the Act.
Our due diligence process - we will always endeavour to:
Comply with all national employment legislation and work closely with employee representative bodies in the territories where the Group operates; Implement the correct employment procedures so that associates have a safe environment to work in; and Operate a notification procedure for associates who consider their wellbeing, or that of the Group, is compromised. (Whistleblowing)
On-going due diligence:
For all Suppliers, we undertake to request they confirm compliance under revised terms and conditions of business with the Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Act requirements.
- Our commitment is to act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
- Employment is freely chosen - There is no forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour.
- Workers are not required to lodge “deposits” or their identity papers with their employer and are free to leave their employer after reasonable
- Child Labour shall not be used - There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
- Living Wages will be paid - Wages and benefits for a standard working week are met, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmark standards, whichever is higher. In any event wages should always be enough to meet basic needs to provide some discretionary income.
- All workers shall be provided with written terms and understandable information about their employment conditions in respect to wages before they enter employment and about their particulars of their wages for the pay period concerned each time they are paid.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted nor shall any deductions from wages not provided for by national law be permitted without the expressed permission of the worker concerned. All disciplinary measures should be recorded.
- We are committed to paying our associates for the time they spend working for the Company. Associates are required to fully comply with our policies relating to timekeeping.
- We adhere to the highest standards of personal, professional and business ethics. Our Code of Ethics and Compliance delivers behavioural guidance to help us conduct our business with honesty, integrity and professionalism. The Code applies to all associates.
Signed by HR Director Wendy Baines
Evergreen Garden Care UK Ltd - Date: 13 April 2021