Privacy and Cookies
Last updated: 08/05/2018
The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd takes your privacy seriously and values its relationship with you. Our privacy and cookies statement will help you understand the types of personal data we gather from visitors to our sites and how this data is treated. We want you to understand:
• what personal data we collect about you;
• how we obtain your personal data;
• how we use your personal data;
• on what basis we use your personal data;
• how long we keep your personal data;
• who we share your personal data with;
• which countries we transfer your personal data to;
• how we protect your personal data; and
• your rights regarding your personal data.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch via one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website, or by following the below information:
Write to us:
The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The personal data that we process includes:
- Your basic information - first and last name (including name prefix or title), nickname, company name
- Contact information – home address, company address, email address, phone number(s), location
- Professional details – your position/role, company you work for
- Other information – user generated content, posts and other content you submit to The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd sites.
- Product Rating & Review details – review headline, star rating, review, nickname, email address and location
- Online advertising - we may share Site Usage Information with trusted third parties (e.g. advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, data exchanges, etc.) in order to offer you tailored content, including more relevant advertising for products and services which may be of interest to you. These third parties may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and similar tracking technologies on your device in order to help us deliver customized content and advertising to you when you visit The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd Sites or Third Party Sites.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your personal data when you use The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd Sites and when you register on our website to hear from us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- responding and dealing with your query or request
- for future marketing (if you separately provide your consent to this)
- analysing consumer trends and insights
- Publishing ratings & reviews on our website and retailer websites
- Optimising our website browsing experience
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your personal data for:
For marketing purposes The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd will retain data for a period of three years from the point in which you register for such communications.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We share certain aspects of your personal data with:
The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd is a leading International garden goods company with products sold across UK, Europe and Australia. As an international business The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd may share your personal information with other Scotts Group Companies and trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf. We may share your personal information with:
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions
- third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information
- third party providers of services, such as data processing, to The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd web analytics tool providers, such as Google Analytics which provide top level data in relation to devices used, pages visited, gender, age range.
If we do share your personal information with another Scotts Group Company or with trusted third parties, we shall use our best efforts to ensure that they keep your information secure, take all reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and only use it in a manner consistent with our instructions, this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
See the “Protecting your personal data” section for information on how we keep your personal data safe when sharing it with others.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME COUNTRY
Your personal data may be processed by The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd, its affiliated companies and The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd selected third party suppliers anywhere in the world, including in countries where data privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, the laws in your home country.
These countries include:
- European Union Countries
- United States of America
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. These measures include data transfer agreements or implementing standard data protection clauses.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by clicking the Contact Us link on The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd Site that directed you to this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
OBJECTING TO OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you object to the processing of your personal data, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘how do we use your personal data?’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us.
The Scotts Company (UK) Ltd, 1 Archipelago, Lyon Way, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 7ER, is the controller of your personal data.
COOKIE DISCLOSURE, NOTICE AND CONSENT
For more information about cookies, see below. For more general information about cookies, click here: www.allaboutcookies.org
COOKIE DISCLOSURE NOTICE AND CHART
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
Category 1 cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Web site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Web site.
Category 2: performance cookies
Category 2 cookies collect information about how visitors use our Web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that specifically identifies a visitor. All information that these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Web site works. Category 2 cookies only collect information about Web site usage for the benefit of the Web site operator. By using our online service, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3: functionality cookies
Category 3 cookies allow the Web site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features. For instance, our Web site may be able to provide you with local or regional product information by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of the web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and these cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our online service to set your preferences, you agree that we can place customization cookies on your device.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
Category 4 cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, based on an analysis of your browsing. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help us measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed on your device by third-party advertising networks, but with our permission. These cookies remember that you have visited our Web site. This information is shared with other organizations such as other third-party advertisers, and will be linked to website functionality provided by other organizations. To be clear, Category 4 cookies collect the most information about users.
CONFIGURATION OF COOKIE SETTINGS
Furthermore, if you do not want to be tracked by Google Analytics, you can install the following add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en