Peace lilies are perfect plants for decorating your home because they cleanse the air, are pretty, and easy to care for. If you’re unsure of how to care for peace lilies, we have an easy guide you can follow to keep your plants in tip-top shape.
Easy steps on how to care for peace lilies
- Peace lilies do not like to be overwatered, nor do they like to be left in dry soil. Make sure the soil is moist - if it is too dry, then it is time to give your plant watering.
- If you’re noticing brown tips on the leaves of your peace lilies, it may be because of the water you’re using. Tap water can contain fluoride, which peace lilies are sensitive to. Use filtered water – room temperature is best.
- Peace lilies love light, and they can definitely take a little morning sunshine, but in general, keep them in well-lit areas, and away from direct sunlight.
- As peace lilies are a tropical plant, they love humidity, and so it is worth misting their leaves every now and then.
- As a tropical variety, peace lilies also like to be fairly warm. Keep them away from drafty areas and in temperatures above 16°C.
- You only need to fertilize your peace lily very occasionally, once or twice a year. However, if you’d like to see your lily grow a bit more, then at the end of winter use a houseplant fertilizer every 6 weeks.
- Keep this plant away from pets and children, as it can be toxic to them if ingested.