How to use
Use every time you are preparing the soil for planting. Sprinkle evenly over the soil and mix in well. Water well after planting out, especially in dry weather.
During the growing season sprinkle evenly over the soil around established plants. Gently work it into the soil surface with a hand fork without disturbing the roots and water in thoroughly.
For established plants, in borders and containers apply at the start of the season and reapply 1-2 times to stimulate flowering, fruit formation or fruit ripening when plants are actively growing. Sprinkle around plants, fork in and water in well.
Where to use
Ideal for vegetables, fruit, flowers, roses, shrubs and trees.
Remember plants also require other nutrients like potassium. Use this product in combination with manure or a complete fertiliser like Levington® Growmore.
How often to apply
Levington® Bone Meal Multi Purpose Plant Food can be applied prior to sowing or planting and whenever needed throughout the growing season.
Planting shrubs and trees: 25-75g per plant.
During the growing season: 75-100g per m².
Beetroot, potatoes and carrots: 75g per m².
Leguminous plants such as peas and beans: 75-125g per m² or 75g for every metre in height of plant, tree or bush.
- Always wear gloves when gardening.
- Only use where there is a recognised need to feed plants. Keep away from plant leaves and stems.
- Do not exceed the appropriate application rate. Increasing the dosage may result in damage to your plants.
- Store in the original container in a cool, dry, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs.
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use.
- Do not eat or smoke while applying the product.