Buffalo Weed, Feed & Green-Up takes away the guesswork of what to use to have a great looking lawn all year round. Its tried and true formulation is designed specifically for use Buffalo grasses BUT it can also safely be used on most other lawn grasses and lawn substitutes as well, without damaging the grasses, when applied as recommended on the label.
The selective herbicides in Buffalo Weed, Feed & Green-Up have been carefully chosen for their weed controlling properties. They are highly effective but will not harm buffalo and other lawn grasses as some weedkillers may.
Buffalo Weed, Feed & Green-Up
Lawn Builder BUFFALO Weed, Feed & Green Up is a triple-action lawn treatment that kills weeds while it feeds and greens up. This product has three main features:
- 1. Provides a rapidly absorbed complete nutrition for lawns. The high levels of nutrition BUFFALO Weed, Feed & Green Up is formulated to have 12.3% nitrogen (N), 3.5% potassium (K), 136ppm iron (Fe) and 0% phosphorus (P), which means it can be safely used anywhere in Australia without posing any risk to ground or surface water. It also contains 136ppm* of iron (Fe) for rapid greening. *parts per million. Most other hose-on lawn products don't have a nutrient load this high or include the same ingredients, making them less effective.
- 2. Contains two selective broadleaf herbicides that are safe to use on most lawns - bromoxynil and MCPA present as the potassium salt. BUFFALO Weed, Feed & Green-Up offers effective control of a wide range of broadleaf weeds including Bindii, Clover and 9 other common weeds.
- 3. Has boosted iron for rapid greening. It goes to work immediately and is readily absorbed through leaves/blades of grasses and the roots.
The 2.8L Easy Sprayer fast hose-on application bottle is perfect for small to medium-sized lawns, covering up to 180 m2.
Lawns Buffalo Weed, Feed & Green-Up are suitable for*
BUFFALO Weed, Feed & Green Up can be safely used on lawns containing buffalo varieties (including Sir Walter, Palmetto, Sapphire, etc except ST varieties^), Santa Ana, couch (including Queensland Blue couch), bent (but not bent greens), kikuyu, perennial ryegrass and/or Chewings fescue. It is also safe to use on zoysia varieties such as Empire and lawn substitutes like carpet grass.
Lawns Buffalo Weed, Feed & Green-Up are not suitable for
- Do not plant new grass or sow patching products within one month of application
- Do not apply on or around food plants or animal feed crops
- Do not use on new lawns less than 3 months old
- Do not use if the temperature is expected to exceed 30 degrees C - wait for a cool spell
Note: New varieties of Buffalo and other grasses are introduced every so often. If you have a new variety that’s not mentioned here, we recommend testing this product on a small patch before applying to the entire lawn.
ALWAYS read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label.
What are ST varieties^?
They include ST26, ST85 and ST91, among others with the same prefix. “Buffalo Grass” is the common name given to Stenotaphrum secundatum in Australia. In North America, it is known as St Augustine Grass.
Most ST varieties are owned by US based Hugh Whiting and H&T Whiting Turfgrass Development Group. They are not common in Australian gardens, where modern drought-tolerant, soft-leaved buffalo lawns are more popular.
ST varieties do not tolerate herbicides used to control broadleaf weeds, including this product. Lawn weeders will damage and may cause the death of ST varieties.