Miracle-Gro Premium Azalea, Camellia & Rhododendron Ericaceous Compost has 4 special characteristics to help your ericaceous plant thrive:
- Fortified with iron, which is a mineral nutrient that is absorbed by roots - the result is that the leaves become greener. In addition, its special PH balance prevents yellowing of leaves for these acid loving or lime-hating plants.
- Patented Fibre Smart™ technology. The hollow wood fibres ensure optimum balance of air & water for strong roots to grow healthy. Wood fibres are 100% natural and peat free.
- A unique combination of 14 Vital Minerals. N/P/K, Nitrogen is used by plants for lots of leaf growth and good green color. Phosphorous is used by plants to help form new roots, make seeds, fruits, flowers and fight disease. Potassium helps plants make strong stems and keep growing fast. Additionally, there are 11 more minerals such as iron, iodine, fluoride, copper, zinc, chromium, selenium, manganese and molybdenum which are vital for maintaining plants health. Feeds for up to 3 months.
- Waterlock™ technology withholds 25% more water to help stop your plants drying out and makes watering easier.
How to use
For pots and patio planters: It’s time to repot when the plant is overgrown and ‘root bound’ (densely wrapped roots). Roots are growing out of the drainage holes. The plant’s lower leaves turn yellow or drop off. The compost is faded or crusty. How to repot: Wash the containers and water the plant. Place a layer of compost in the base of the pot. Tap out the plant from the old pot, loosen the root ball and place in the centre of the pot. Fill the space around the root ball, ensuring the compost level covers all the roots. Firm lightly, water thoroughly and let drain.
For planting in beds and borders: Dig a hole twice the size of the root ball. Position the plant and fill with 50% soil and 50% compost and firm around the base. Water thoroughly. We recommend using Miracle-Gro Border Booster to further enrich the soil.
Where to use
Ideal for all ericaceous plants such us azaleas, camellias and rhododendron.
Perfect for use in pots and containers, beds and borders.
- Fills 4 medium pots 22cm (9").
- Fills 2 large pots 25cm (10").
Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust.
Always wear gloves when gardening. Wash hands after use.
Store in a cool place, away from sun.
Open bag carefully and reseal after use.