HOW TO USE
- Use Premium Plus Mix straight from the bag - don't mix it with other materials. Close the bag tightly after use
- Choose a clean container with large drainage holes and partly fill it the fresh mix out of the bag
- Carefully lift the plant to be potted up from its existing pot. Gently loosen the root ball without disturbing roots too much and remove any damaged, dried out or twisted roots
- Place the plant in the centre of the pot (if potting up individually) or position it where you want it grow in a larger container that will eventually hold several plants
- Fill in with Premium Plus to within 2-3cm of the top rim of the pot and press lightly
- Tap the new pot or container gently on the bench to help the new mix settle in and around the roots - do not pack it down
- Water the pot thoroughly (until water runs from the drainage holes) then allow it to drain freely. If necessary top the mix up again to the suggested level.
- Place the pot or container in the shade for a few days to allow the plant to settle and acclimatise before moving back to its permanent home
For a complete guide on How to Use Scotts Osmocote® Professional Premium PLUS Mix, watch the video on this page and always check the packaging.
WHEN TO USE
- Potting mixes can be used at any time of the year.
- Repotting established pot plants is best done either in Spring or Autumn - avoid Winter or Summer as the extremes of temperature may stress plants
- Flowering plants should be repotted after they have flowered - enjoy the blooms first!
CAUTION: This product may cause staining of hard surfaces if wet. Avoid contact with hard surfaces and if contact does occur, sweep off immediately.
When using potting mixes, we recommend the use of garden gloves to protect your hands
SAFETY FIRST: Read the instructions on the product packaging before use and take particular note of any warnings or cautions on the label
See the Safety Data Sheet for this product
Scotts Next Generation water crystals are non-toxic, acrylamide-free crystals that store 100x their own weight in water (unlike some other brands, our crystals are not the same as those used in disposable nappies)
ScottsCoir, made from coconut fibre, is a renewable resource