How to use
When preparing the soil for planting, sprinkle evenly over the soil and mix in well.
Water well after sowing seeds and planting out, especially in dry weather.
During the growing season, sprinkle evenly over the soil around established plants. Gently work it into the soil surface with a hand fork or hoe without disturbing the roots and water in thoroughly.
Club Root: To help prevent club root on brassicas, add to the soil before sowing seed or planting out.
Where to use
Lime must not be used on lime-hating or ericaceous plants or at the same time as a fertiliser. Wait 3 weeks before applying fertiliser.
Fast acting soil improver that also reduces soil acidity and increases alkalinity. Helps to break down heavy clay soil, improving structure and quality.
How often to apply
Apply Levington® Lime whenever it’s necessary to reduce the acidity (pH) of soil and make it more alkaline. It can be used at any time of year, but autumn or winter application gives best the results.
Soil type - clay: Annual maintenance dose* 50g per m². Dose to correct soil acidity (increases soil pH by approximately 0.5 points**) 75g per m².
Soil type - loam: Annual maintenance dose* 75g per m². Dose to correct soil acidity (increases soil pH by approximately 0.5 points**) 125g per m².
Soil type - sandy: Annual maintenance dose* 100g per m². Dose to correct soil acidity (increases soil pH by approximately 0.5 points**) 200g per m².
* To maintain correct soil acidity and supply plants with calcium. ** For very acidic soils (low pH) a higher dose might be necessary.
Dosing rates over 150g per m² should be given in two separate applications.
- Always wear gloves when gardening.
- Only use where there is a recognised need to feed plants. Keep away from plant leaves and stems.
- Do not exceed the appropriate application rate. Increasing the dosage may result in damage to your plants.
- Store in the original container in a cool, dry, frost-free place away from children, pets and foodstuffs.
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use.
- Do not eat or smoke while applying the product.