How to use
Vine weevils are a devastating plant pest. Learn more here.
Shake bottle well before use.
- Use the measure provided to mix 60 ml of BugClear™ Ultra Vine Weevil Killer with 1 litre of water in a watering can or mixing vessel.
- Pour the solution over the compost at the recommended rate. A litre of solution treats 10 litres of compost. Use guide on back of pack to estimate how much solution to use.
- Rinse the watering can or mixing vessel thoroughly after you have finished with it and pour washings over the compost around ornamental plants on pots.
Where to use
BugClear™ Ultra Vine Weevil Killer is ideal for use on flowers, roses and ornamental plants grown in pots and hanging baskets outdoors and in conservatories.
BugClear™ Ultra Vine Weevil Killer has been shown to be safe on most plants. It is always advisable to test a sample of plants, by treating them and leaving for at least four weeks, before treating a large or valuable collection.
When to use
Vine weevil larvae are a major pest of ornamental plants. They feed on the roots causing sudden wilting or collapse and can kill the plants.
The main time for damage from feeding larvae is from July to October. Killing larvae at this time will reduce damage to plants and prevent larvae over-wintering to become adult weevils the following year. To care for plants during this time, treat in mid June and repeat in mid August to give protection against actively feeding larvae.
How often to apply
A maximum of 2 treatments may be applied per year.
WARNING: Toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects.
- We recommend you wear gloves when gardening.
- Read carefully and follow all instructions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
- If medical advice is need, have product container or label at hand.
- Collect spillage.
- Wash hands and exposed skin after use.
- Keep children and pets away from treated areas until spray has dried.
- WASH OFF SPLASHES (IMMEDIATELY).
- DO NOT BREATHE SPRAY. If spray is inhaled, take person into fresh air. If symptoms persist seek medical advice.
- In case of contact with skin, immediately wash with soap and plenty of water. Wash contaminated clothes before re-use.
- In case of contact with eyes, immediately wash with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, also under eyelids. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice.
- Contains pyrethrins (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium extract). May produce an allergic reaction.